Carilion Clinic *Registered Nurse (RN I) - Cardiac PCU* in Roanoke, Virginia
Registered Nurse (RN I) - Cardiac PCU
External Candidates Only
Carilion Clinic is home to extraordinary nurses providing extraordinary care. We are a community-based organization where sharp minds, caring hearts and advanced technology come together for one reason: each patient.
So if you're looking for an award-winning organization that truly values our employees, that's us. Our awards and recognition include Magnet designation, the Beacon Award, renowned nursing research, national rankings in U.S. News & World Report and being named as one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the country. In 2016, we became Great Place to Work-Certified for our workplace culture.
About the job: Cardiac PCU RNs practice on units such as Medical Cardiology PCU, Cardiac Surgical PCU, Coronary Care PCU, and our Vascular PCU.
About Carilion Clinic:
Carilion Clinic is a system of seven hospitals and multi-specialty physician practices. We offer Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopaedics and Neurosciences, adult and pediatric behavioral health facility, home health and hospice, a prestigious B.S.N. program at our Jefferson College of Health Sciences and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute. We are headquartered in Roanoke, Va., in the heart of the picturesque and serene Blue Ridge Mountains.
As a Carilion nurse you will have nearly endless choices to find the care environment that best appeals to you--whether that's taking care of the sickest of the sick in our ICUs, treating a complex case in a trauma center or helping improve the health of chronically ill patients in a palliative care or community-based setting.
We pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities that we serve while growing our legacy that began over 100 years ago. As part of our team, our nurses enjoy:
· Supportive leadership, interprofessional teams and an innovative learning environment
· Shared decision making through supported professional practice model
· Extensive nursing research funding and continued education support
· A year-long nurse residency program for new graduates and nurses with less than one year of experience that focuses on leadership, quality outcomes and professional role.
· College tuition assistance and scholarships
· Professional certification support and recognition
· Employment assistance for family and friends
· Temporary housing, relocation benefits and other incentives
· Employee discount program for tickets, amusement parks and restaurants
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure.
· Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college.
· Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC).
· Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements.
· Meet essential job functions.
Connect with Carilion Clinic nurse recruiter, Melissa Ferguson, (540) 983-4040 / (540) 525-4093 (for text) or firstname.lastname@example.org today! You can also contact email@example.com, 800-599-2537 or CarilionClinic.org/nursingcareer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.